Get to Know Discover & Go
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can I get free or discounted passes to museums, zoos and other local attractions through the Library? (Discover & Go)
Discover & Go, the Library's museum pass reservation system, provides card holders who are Solano County residents with the ability to make up to 2 reservations to local museums and cultural institutions. Number of persons admitted per pass varies by venue. Consult the museum's information page on Discover & Go regarding admission.
Discover & Go provides access to passes that can be printed online. Each Discover & Go pass expires immediately after the reservation date – no returns required and no possibility for overdue fines! This unique program allows library users to make reservations online by date or by venue and immediately print out a pass. Customers without Internet access can use the computers at the library to reserve and print a pass.
- Who can reserve Museum Passes on Discover & Go?
Access to museum pass reservations is limited to Library cardholders who are 16 years of age and up and who reside in Solano County. Cardholders who are not Solano County residents cannot reserve passes on Discover & Go.
The cardholder will then have to show ID along with the pass at the venue to gain admission, so it is important that the name on the pass matches the name on the ID.
- What museums are available for reservation through Discover & Go?
- You can see which museums and cultural destinations are available by selecting "Browse by Venue" on the Discover & Go site (login required).
- How many Discover & Go museum passes can I reserve?
You can have two active reservations at a time.
For example, if you make one reservation for a visit in June and you make a second reservation for a visit this Saturday, you can make another reservation after you complete your visit this Saturday.
- Are you limited to a certain number of Museum pass reservations for the year?
- Most venues do not have an annual limit per library card number; however, there are some venues that have placed a restriction on the number of times you can use a pass. You will find details about each pass within the venue information under offer(s).
- Can I cancel an active Discover & Go reservation if I haven't printed the pass?
You can cancel a pass that has not been printed or viewed by logging into your Discover & Go account and clicking on "Cancel Pass."
Once you print or view a pass, it is considered a used pass and you cannot cancel the reservation. This impacts you if the venue limits you to a certain number of uses, such as the Cal Academy of Sciences, which allows you one reservation per year.
If you don't cancel the reservation or don't use the pass, you will be able to make another reservation only under the terms and conditions set by the museums.
- I cannot view the Discover & Go calendar beyond a certain date.
- The calendar allows library cardholders to view and book reservations between 2 to 3 months out.
- I cannot use the pass I printed from Discover & Go--what do I do with the printed pass? I printed the wrong date. Do I just throw it away?
Please discard the printed pass as we cannot cancel your reservation and make it available to others once the pass has been printed.
It is advisable to check that you have selected the correct date and venue before printing passes.