Memorial Day Holiday - Library Closed



Holiday Schedule


Our libraries share a holiday schedule. See below for a list of holiday closures.






Memorial Day
Monday, May 29, 2017


Independence Day
Tuesday, July 4, 2017


Labor Day
Monday, September 4, 2017


Columbus Day
Monday, October 9, 2017


Veterans' Day
Friday, November 10, and Saturday, November 11, 2017


Thanksgiving Day
Thursday, November 23 and Friday, November 24, 2017
(close at 5 p.m. Thanksgiving Eve, Wednesday, November 22, 2017)

Christmas Day
Sunday, December 24 and Monday, December 25, 2017


New Year's Day
Sunday, December 31, 2017 and Monday, January 1, 2018


Take the Summer Reading Challenge!


Books, entertainment, and prizes for all ages. Free!


Science Programming Coming to Solano County Library as Part of Competitive National Grant


Get ready for some great science programs! We’re one of just 75 libraries to be part of NASA@ My Library.


Gardening Resources for Green Thumbs


Everything you ever wanted to know about making your thumb greener is here.


Military Veterans Overdue Fines Waived in May 2017


In honor of Memorial Day, overdue fees for veterans are waived during the month of May. Find more services for vets with Veteran’s Connect @ Your Library.


Babysitter finds wife she thought was dead imprisoned in attic.


Babysitter finds wife she thought was dead, imprisoned in attic. You won’t believe the husband’s excuse…More exciting classics here.


Eat Well Farms


Eatwell Farm CSA Box Pickups Thursdays at noon at the Springstowne Library in Vallejo and the Fairfield Civic Center Library.


Free County Health and Social Services for You and Your Family


Free County Services for You and Your Family—Find Out More!


Free chat tutoring for grades K-12, college intro and adult learners. Every day, 1 – 10 p.m. 24 hour access to Skills Center Resource Library with worksheets, tutorials, study guides, and more.




Make it easier to get up-to-date news about books and services at your library. Sign up here.


Get the scoop on all the newest additions to the library's collection and find that next good read!



Want to know what programs are happening at your library? Get a copy of your local branch's calendar of events.






Check It Out is the newsletter of the Solano County Library, serving the cities of Fairfield, Rio Vista, Suisun, Vacaville, and Vallejo. More...



Sign up
to sample a book by reading a small portion each day for a week in your email.