2022 Solano County Library Teen Writing Contest
A huge thank you to all who took the time to enter the 2022 Solano County Library Teen Writing Contest!
We were honored to read your work, and encourage each of you to continue writing.
And now…. the winners of the contest!
- Lucy Kuhn of Suisun
- Juliana Dionisio of Vallejo
- Julius Villanueva of Fairfield
- Tyler Foy of Benicia
- Quinn Aftab of Fairfield
- Giovanni Destin Grijalva of Vacaville
Congratulations Lucy, Juliana, Julius, Tyler, Quinn, and Giovanni!
September 5 to October 31, 2022
Submit your best written work for a chance to win prizes and publication.
- Eligibility: Any teen who is between the ages of 12 and 18 and is a Solano County resident.
- Contest Period: Submit entries September 5th to October 31st by 11:59pm Pacific Standard Time.
- Prizes: 3 winning entries from each category will be published. Each winner will also receive a $25 gift card and a copy of the book 99 Non-Lame Journaling Prompts for Teens.
- How to Enter:
- Short story and poetry entries will be accepted by email only. Email them to email@example.com. Please include in your email your name, age, city, your writing category, and the name of the Solano County Library branch you use most frequently.
You may submit to more than one category and may submit only one entry per category. All entries must follow the specified rules for each category. Each winner will be limited to winning in only one category.
- Can be up to 1250 words long.
- The story submitted must be a complete story with a beginning, middle and an end.
- No illustrations or drawings allowed in this category.
- Must be typed and submitted online.
- Can be up to 2 pages in length.
- Can be in any form (sonnet, ode, haiku etc.)
- No drawings or illustrations allowed in this category.
- Work must be typed and submitted online.
Works must be creative, original, and unpublished. Judges from the community will choose the winners from all the entries during the submission period. Winners shall be chosen based upon creativity, originality, style, grammar, and spelling. The decision of the judges is final.
Prize winners will be notified after December 16, 2022.
Library Use of Entries
By entering your work, you acknowledge that Solano County Library shall have the right to use, modify, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, and make derivative works of Entry Materials for promotional or any other purposes.
You hereby warrant and represent that (a) you own all rights to all Entry Materials submitted by you; and (b) all such Entry Materials are original works of authorship on your part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate, or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.